Sunday, May 26, 2013

The importance of photos and 12WBT weekly challenges...

In the past several rounds of 12WBT, I have struggled so much on a day to day basis that even keeping track of the weekly challenges was a bit more than I could manage...not this time.

This time, I'm Redefining Me - changing the narrative and the picture in my head of who I am and what I look like. The week 1 challenge was to create an inspiration board. I did one as a collage in my very first round but this weekend I started making an inspiration wall...or the beginning of one...in my craft/computer room.

One of the things I started doing, right back at the beginning of my journey in 2010, was that I took photos every 5kgs that I lost. Or I tried to. And, I kept track, a running tally of my weight. It took a very long time for me to even begin to make serious headway but I'm so proud of how far I have come! It's these photos that are helping me to change that narrative, and to start to see the person I actually am now, not the person I'm so used to seeing in the mirror.

01/10/2010 ~ 139.9kgs
THE START (OMG)
 
12/09/2011 ~ 133.7
5kgs down
 
25/10/2011 ~ 127.9
10kgs down!!
 
23/04/2012 ~ 124.8
15kgs down!!
 
28/05/2012 ~ 119.4
20kgs down!!
 
20/06/2012 ~ 114.5
25kgs down!!
 
26/09/2012 ~ 109.8
30kgs down!!!
 
15/05/2013 ~ 104.1
35kgs down!!!
 
There are some really long gaps between these photos. We all hit our rough patches and I've been no exception...from July last year until April this year, I hovered between the 27kgs lost and 30kgs lost mark bouncing up and down and around. My head just wasn't right. Moving from Roma away from my awesome support network really through me. But it MADE me learn to depend on myself for my motivation and determination! And I'm back on my way. I made round one work for me getting back to the lightest I'd been and already this round I've lost over 5kgs. Searching out these photos has reaffirmed for me how vital photographing the journey is to changing our picture of ourselves. When I tried on the shirt in that last photo, I didn't even buy that shirt. I just still can't get past horizonal stripes. Maybe I can pull them off now but it's that picture in my head that stops me. These photos and others like them will soon grace my wall. Along with quotes from Michelle Bridges, and my goals. I will post a picture of it when I'm finished.
 
 
Did you do your inspiration board? Do you realise why it is so important? Have you been taking regular photos?? If not, start now!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment